CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Job Search

This job search process has the potential to be frustrating. I don't think I'm high maintenance or asking too much. But, I'm really going to need more colleges to post jobs that excite me. Right now there's not much out there. I've applied for a few things, but I feel so far behind when my cohort members start talking about the multiple jobs they've applied for, or the interviews they have a NASPA. It makes me feel like I should feel a bit more desperate. (NASPA is in 17 days after all).

I refuse to allow desperation to enter my job search. Truth is- My job is already ordained, and there is no purpose for me stressing. Truthfully, this process is about trusting the Lord and His provision. He has provided for me in every other transition, why would this one be any different?

On an unrelated topic- I'm home in Kentucky for the weekend. I really felt like I needed to get out of town before the traveling chaos of the next several weeks started. I was able to get a cheep ticket on southwest to head home, and so here I am. Sitting in my favorite Louisville coffee shop, working on cover letters and job applications. After spending the afternoon watching UK basketball with my dad, grandfather and little brother. There's snow on the ground, and tornado damage scattered around. It's an odd mixture of things, since tornado damage is more often around in the spring, after the snow melts.

It's good to be home. I'm going to finish up this email and head back home for dinner.

.peace and love.

----------------
Now playing: Sara Evans - Niagara Falls
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Tiffani P said...

1) I don't have any interviews scheduled at NASPA yet. (if that makes you feel better)
2) I can't wait to see you in 17-ish days!
3) My life is all confusion too - isn't it good to know God's faithfulness!

Cole Casper said...

Sarah! I hope and pray that you will get a job soon! You're right, your job is already ordained! Just trust even though it's hard to do! I was talking about you today with my Baylor friends here in France. I was saying how I want you to work at Baylor and that Baylor would be a perfect fit for you! Don't fret! God will reveal soon!

-Cole

-Sic'EM Bears!