CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Remembering Undergrad. . .

I remember spring semester of my senior year at Belmont. Some of my friends would get really frustrated when people asked what they were doing after graduation because they didn't know. I never was flustered because I knew.

Fast-Forward Two Years:

I know what they must have felt like. It's really annoying when everyone asks you about your job search and where you are going to be. Usually these people are well intentioned. I feel an unusual burden to be completely honest and truthful. Which, is more hassle than it might be worth. Especially when the people asking, aren't really your friends, or that close to you. Friends, have this way of asking without coming right out and asking. I like that a lot. And, they reassure you that everything works out as it's supposed to rather than offering fake reassurance for what is the topic at the time. I don't like that much.

So, for those who are curious, the answers are:
1. No, I don't know what I'm doing when I graduate, where I'll be living, or when I'll start.
2. I have only applied for a couple of jobs, and am waiting for more to be posted.
3. I don't know when that will happen.
4. I don't think I'm being too picky.
5. All I know is that God is not calling me to live in a van down by the river, so I should end up with something.
6. If it's at Starbucks, I'm OK with that. I can minister to a lot of college students at the right Starbucks.
7. Again, I don't think I'm being too picky.
8. God gives us the desires of our hearts for a purpose. And will bring a good, perfect gift. That's Biblical. If I weren't really tired, I'd look it up for you. :)

I'm not bitter. Really. I'm excited to see where it is God is calling me to, even if it is a strategically placed Starbucks. As long as I can start paying on my student loans, I'm good.

0 comments: