CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Some Favorites For You!

To the right of my blog you'll see a link to the Alive Campaign Blog. The Alive Campaign was started by a few Baylor students when their friend told them he wanted to kill himself. They were so moved by his story, they began a campaign to rise awareness about suicide prevention. Their mission is to ride their bikes from Waco, TX to Anchorage, Alaska. This is roughly a 4500 mile bike trek. You should check out their blog on the right and keep up with their story.


Secondly, I want to share with you a book that might be my favorite of all my summer reading. It's called "Same Kind of Different As Me" and is written by Ron Hall and Denver Moore (Click the picture on the right to view it on Amazon.com). 

The book is the true story of a homeless man who grew up sharecropping and an international art dealer from Fort Worth, TX and their unlikely friendship. It is a very moving book. But be warned, I bawled through the last 100 pages, so keep a box of tissues around. I started at 6 p.m. on Tuesday night and finished it around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning. I could NOT put it down!! I highly recommend it to everyone. 

0 comments: