CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 02, 2007

I just almost had a panic attack. I just left a planning meeting for our Association of Future Student Affairs Professionals Exec Board (I'm the VP). While the Professional Development Chair was sharing her agenda for the year she shared information about time-lines for the job search process for 2nd years. Literally, my heart began to race and the room started getting fuzzy.

I am a 2nd year.

I have had in my mind that the job search was a process that was more than an arms link away. What I have found however, is that the job search process started a year ago. The hard parts are starting to pick up now. The process is well within my grasp.

The fall semester of my senior year of college was a very stressful time for me between balancing class, work, extracurriculars and grad applications. While I still have to balance many of the same things, there seems to be something distinctly different this time. That semester was simply about continuing college.

This is not a continuation of college.

I have to do an actual job search. Nuts. So, right now I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed about the whole process. It's so hard to believe that in 249 days I'll have a Masters degree, be finished with school forever (keep your fingers crossed), and have a job (again with the fingers and lots of prayers). Nuts.

1 comments:

Tiffani P said...

HOOOOORAAAAAAYYYYY We are second years!! We are going to graduate in just over 240 days! Amazing!!! Don't fret - I've done job searches before, it can be fun. Its all about attitude. :)