CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A New Leaf

I knew that this moment would come, but it has always felt so far in the future. I have been working with the purpose of this season and the ones to follow for a long time. Yet, it is oddly surreal being in this moment. I completed my first job application on Monday. The job search has officially begun! The spreadsheet has been started, and the emails about new posts have started to pour in. I delete most, but their presence is an increasing reminder that the season of graduate school is coming to a close (for now at least). My cohort is pictured here- It's hard to believe that I only have 184 days with them.

Additionally, we had our mock interviewing conference today. We were each paired up with three professionals throughout the division who worked in functional areas we plan to interview for. I have to say, that went MUCH better than I had anticipated. I interviewed for Orientation, Greek Life and Student Activities- two of the three I have not been involved in since undergrad. I left the "conference" with the reassurance that I would be able to get a job in any of those areas.

With that completed, I put the final touches on my resume (for the last time) tonight. Final copies of cover letters are in the final stages. I'm down to three assignments for class this semester. I am having a very difficult time staying focused right now. My mind is wondering about what is out there in the future. Every transition that I've made before, I've known where it is that I wanted to go. This time around, I know where my heart wants to be, and I'm praying things line up like they should.

Keep me in your prayers friends!

----------------
Now playing: Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway
via FoxyTunes

1 comments:

The Neeleys said...

so soon! oh my goodness... I feel so behind... I've set up a few job agents through higheredjobs.com and have been looking at some other non-university related positions in the area... but I can't bring myself to apply this early, because I can't possibly start until May. how are you doing that? give a sister some help because I'm certainly not getting it here... :)

-K