CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Turn it Off!!

Wow. Days like today remind me why having responsibility in my top strengths is a bad combination with OCD tenancies. I have this paper due tomorrow. It's my final project for my assessment class. When I think of assessment reports, my mind goes back to my Belmont days and my BURS research papers and presentations. So. . . I have been working on this elaborate literature review about living learning communities and first-generation students. I just got off the phone with a classmate and realized that it was not necessary. The paper is basically a reflection of what we did and what we learned. No literature review necessary. I'm such a loser!!! Granted, this information is necessary for a poster session at a conference in February, so really it's not that much overkill. But still, I could have written this paper on the plane rather than spending the entire time trying to do my overachiever version. I'm such a loser.



On a positive note- I was supposed to take my car in today to have her timing belt changed. I have been putting this off for about a month and a half since it's a pretty expensive operation. When I woke up this morning, I really felt like I should wait and take it next Monday. So I called the dealership to say that I would need to bring it in on Monday. Today, in the mail, I received a coupon for timing belts. It's $110 cheaper than what I would be paying if I had taken it today. Provision? Anyone?Since my recent posts have been more reflective in nature here's a run down of my life:- Thanksgiving break was great. I went home to KY. I ate a lot. Met my brother's girlfriend- she's really cool. Did black Friday shopping, which I found very fun and not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.




- Dad and I went to the UK/UT football game. I have been looking forward to that all semester because I was CONFIDENT that I would get to go to my first winning UK game. After 4 overtimes, two frozen feet, and a headache from the loud guy next to me, my streak (and UK's for that matter) continued. I did manage to get a picture of the UT player blocking what would have been the wining UK field goal: It's kinda cool, right? I was also on national t.v. Also kinda cool.

- I have my last assessment class tomorrow. Last law class on Tuesday. Last Practicum class on Wednesday. Then, only one more semester of classes. Praise the Lord. I need a long break from organized-classroom learning.

Well, that's all I have to keep me procrastinating from this paper. I need to write it so I can get up and work out in the AM. It's been a long time since Steph and I have gone, so 5:30 will come early.


disclaimer: I wrote this last night, but acidentally deleted it. So, thanks to my friend Kristine, it's back. The Assessment class- over. Paper- Check!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with this next week! Only one short semester left!!!