CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 05, 2007

Blessings

It's Friday night and I'm spending it working on homework as usual. I've got a law case study due Tuesday and a Qualitative Analysis due on Thursday. I've *started* each but haven't actually begun writing. I am hoping to do that tonight.

Last night, the world seemed so dramatic and dismal. I think that may have been due to my lack of sleep the night before. I got the meningitis shot on Wednesday- by bedtime my arm hurt so badly that every time I rolled over I woke up. I did not sleep well, and found myself tired, cranky and overly dramatic all day. But, after going to bed last night at 9 p.m., today the world seems so much brighter!

Tonight I had dinner with a new friend. She was introduced to me by the registrar at Baylor, and she is currently a Ph.D student at A&M. We met for dinner at Blue Baker and talked for over 2 hours. I can tell that her friendship is going to be such a blessing to me this semester. It's so nice to find some of "my people" here. There is so much to be said for connecting on a spiritual level with someone.

So, as I prepare to write a case study that I have no idea how to begin, I find myself reflecting on my current life. While I would still say I am excited to be finished up here in 216 days (It's almost to less than 200!!!!), I rest in the knowledge that my life is not that bad. I really know what I'm doing with my job, and though there is always work left at the end of the day, I believe that I do it well. My school work is going well (I got a 96 on our Assessment Test), and I feel confident about my pending job search.

I have been truly blessed. I'm so glad I have the perspective to see that now.

1 comments:

The Neeleys said...

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I tend to err on the "all of this is just so much, and so difficult, and so ANNOYING" side of looking at everything going on right now (except, of course, marriage)... but I've been really challenged lately to turn look at everything differently. We are becoming better people through the challenges... and often finding unexpected joys and treasures along the way.

I'm glad you've made a new friend :)

And thanks for your comment - I miss you too!

-Kristine