CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Back in the swing of things. . .

With classes starting this week, life is starting to feel more rythmic. That rhythm right now is busy. Work wise, I have 22 alcohol education workshop follow ups and 13 conduct meetings that must happen in the next week and a half. I managed to meet with half most of my AEW students this week and have the rest this coming week and half the conduct meetings as well.

This semester I only have 9 hours of classes. I'm taking Higher Education Finance, Administration, and Environments. Finance has the potential to be an interesting course. Already I can tell we are going to be talking about public institutions and lobbing state legislature for money. While that can be interesting, I hope we are able to make this class applicable for those of us who will be at private institutions from here on out.

Administration has been deemed by our professor as the catch all class. It is also our prep class for comprehensive exams. We'll be doing lots of case study practices over the semester hoping that when the time comes we'll be ready. Environments is a new class this year. We have some really exciting projects analyzing learning environments and I'm excited about doing the work!

This semester is a lighter load of classes. Also, I don't have an internship this semester. Both of these things means much more free time for fun things like watching reruns of my favorite shows, college basketball, reading, working out and applying for jobs. I know that this semester is going to go very quickly now that it's gotten started, but I'm ready for that.

Here are some pictures from Christmas time. They include the SAAHE holiday party, Res Life banquet, Patrick's Wine and cheese party, home for Christmas, and the Music City Bowl. Hope you enjoy!


0 comments: