CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Weird Vibes.

I was out with some friends here the other evening and I had a conversation with one of them that has been stuck in my head since. After discussing job search and class, he asked (with a straight face) "How's your love interest?" After picking my jaw up off the floor, I managed to ask who had told him that I had one in the first place. It turns out that no one was passing that rumor around, but, he had simply just thought that I had one. He said I gave off the "unavailable vibe". It was so strong, apparently, that he had thought I was dating someone since he met me in August. Even so much so that he thought I should be getting engaged anytime now.

Seriously? Seriously! Clearly we aren't that close of friends.

I tried to get him to explain what it means to exhibit such a vibe, with little luck. All he could muster is that I just seemed preoccupied, and distracted. Truth be told I have been preoccupied and distracted. I live life in my own world, and my own reality. And, I wonder, will there ever be a time where I'm comfortable sharing that reality with another person?

This is not a post begging for people to tell me that I won't be alone for ever. I think I may actually be at a place in my life where I believe that being just me forever, is quite enough. I want to get married and have children some day, at least the idea is appealing. But, as I drink my tea and eat my biscotti (I feel so European), I truly believe, that if I never find The One, I am going to be just fine. Doubting the Lord's purpose in my singleness would negate trusting him in any other place.

0 comments: