CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Exhausted

There's just a lot that's been going through my mind in recent weeks. It's truly times like this that make me wish intellection wasn't one of my strengths. {Intellection is from Gallop's StrengthsFinder and means someone who thinks a lot. I interpret that as dark and brooding.} Sometimes I wish I could just turn that off! This semester has a lot of really exciting things coming. I have no idea what it's going to look like. My mind has been working overtime thinking about so many things and I'm just exhausted. All of life is a journey, and the part that I am on is challenging.

Moses was a man who probably felt the way that I feel right now (but for him- multiplied to the millionth power). In Exodus there is a passage that I really like right now:

"Moses said to the Lord, 'You have been telling me, 'Lead these people,' but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, 'I know you by name and you have found favor with me.' If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so that I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people.' The Lord replied, 'My presence will go with you and I will give you rest.' . . . Then Moses said, 'Now show me your glory.'" Exodus 33:12-14, 18


While I may not be leading a nation threw a parted sea by a tower of light, I know that I am being lead to a new land. I believe that God's word is active and His promises are for us now. I believe that the Lord's Presence will go with me, and that He will give me rest. It is so easy to be anxious in this place. However, I hope that as I head into this journey, I would have the strength like Moses and ask that the Lord would show me His glory in all aspects of my life. And that my intellection would be focused upon the glory that has been shown, rather than the anxiousness that I might otherwise feel.

0 comments: